How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Dallas Office?
March 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
As a business owner, there are many things that you must think about in order to keep your employees safe and healthy, including implementing effective pest control — more specifically, effective bed bug control. There is a myth that bed bugs, much like cockroaches, only go after homes and offices that are inherently dirty. However, this tall tale is just that — a tall tale. If there is ample opportunity, bed bugs will invade your Dallas office. Read on to learn how bed bugs have come to inhabit your office, as well as the best bed bug control near you.
How Did My Office Get Bed Bugs?
The first step to effective bed bug control in Dallas is to understand how they've come to invade your office in the first place. Below are some of the ways these invasive pests could have gained access to your workspace:
- Riding in on clothing: While this is one of the more unlikely ways bed bugs invade offices, it is possible that if you are exposed to bed bugs, they could hitch a free ride to your office by hiding in your clothes.
- Luggage and purses: If you or your employees are out and about, and your luggage or purse is set down on infested beds, furniture, or carpeted areas, bed bugs could crawl into your bags without your knowledge. You could then bring them to your office.
- Public transportation: Using public buses, trains, and rideshare cars could also be another way bed bugs are hitching a ride to your Dallas office. It's even possible to be exposed to bed bugs on airplanes.
- Furniture: Despite the name, beds are not the only piece of furniture you can pick bed bugs up from. Other people's couches and chairs could also be where you unknowingly pick up these pests.
Is It Dangerous To Have Bed Bugs At The Office?
The good news is that bed bugs are not known to transmit diseases to people, so it's unlikely you and your employees would get sick from an infestation. However, bed bug control is crucial to employee well-being and office productivity because they can:
- Cause allergic reactions: In some people, bed bug bites can cause an allergic reaction, ranging from mild and simply irritating to the person to severe, requiring medical attention.
- Cause secondary skin infections: As a result of a bed bug bite, secondary skin infections, such as impetigo, can occur.
- Cause an increase in employee anxiety: Bed bug infestations increase anxiety in people who are exposed, as the bites are itchy, cause insomnia, and increase paranoia.
How Can My Employees And I Prevent Spreading Bed Bugs?
The best bed bug control is always prevention. To avoid bringing bed bugs into your Dallas office, make sure that you and your employees do not set bags and luggage down on strange furniture or other carpeted areas. Try not to use public transportation, but if you must, be sure to keep your bags up and off the seats and ground. Regularly wash your clothing and bedding in hot water as well.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Office?
In the end, the best bed bug control techniques for your home or office is to contract a professional. Here at Bullseye K-9 Detection, we specialize exclusively in bed bug control. We are the best pest control to kill bed bugs because we utilize the power of the dog's nose to accurately detect every space of your office that bed bugs have invaded, allowing our expert technicians to safely and effectively exterminate entire bed bug infestation. Our dogs and technicians are highly trained and skilled and offer precise bed bug control that usually eliminates your bed bug infestation in one session. If bed bugs have infested your office, don't wait until productivity takes a dive — call us today for all your bed bug control needs and pick the best bed bug control for you and your business.
I’ve found bed bugs 3 days ago. Don’t know what to do but call to Bullseye K-9 Detection. They came to my house very quickly and provided an effective solution for my issue. Recommended these guys for sure!