How Bed Bug Infestations Start In Hawaii Offices
January 30, 2022 - Bed Bugs
A bed bug infestation in your Hawaii office can be a recipe for disaster, stress, and lost revenue. How to get rid of bed bugs in your office takes understanding the answer to the question ‘where do bed bugs come from?’ and investing in professional bed bug control.
Where Do Bed Bugs Come From?
Though most people may believe that bed bugs will only appear in dirty homes, the fact is that these small, dark brownish insects can appear anywhere, including clean homes and office buildings, or other workplaces.
You may end up with bed bugs in your office as a result of these pests hitchhiking their way in from an infested area, such as a hotel or motel, train station, school, or another office. As employees, customers and visitors, subcontractors, or other service people move in and out of your office; you have an increased risk of bed bugs infiltrating your workplace.
How To Check For Bed Bugs
There are several ways to check for bed bugs around your office and steps that you can take to prevent bed bugs from entering your business in the first place.
- Advise your employees to never put their baggage on the ground in transportation hubs or any accommodation area. Always use elevated surfaces or luggage racks to store suitcases to prevent bed bugs from crawling inside.
- Perform checks in any bed bug hotspot that you or your employees come across. This check should include looking for reddish or rust-colored staining on beds, floors, walls, and furniture and inspecting all furniture seams or gaps in walls and appliances for evidence of bed bug bodies.
- Prevent bed bugs while traveling by vacuum-sealing any clothing you bring with you. You should also wash your clothes in hot water immediately upon returning.
Another major way that your office may get bed bugs is through the purchase of infested secondhand items. While purchasing secondhand furniture and appliances can save your company a few bucks, it is important to inspect all items, including desks and tables, before bringing them into the office. This inspection is a key part of bed bug control. You can follow the tips below to make this process easier.
- Place any secondhand office furniture or appliances purchased on a white sheet outside. Leave it for several hours and check to see if any bed bugs have fallen out of the items. You may also want to look for hints of reddish staining.
- Use a gloved hand or a credit card to swipe along cracks in appliances and the seams in furniture. If you turn up reddish stains or bed bug bodies, you should not move the items into your office.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
Understanding how to check for bed bugs and where bed bugs come from is the first step in preventing these pests. However, bed bugs are so difficult to combat that if you do end up with bed bugs in your Hawaii office, you should invest in pest control to kill bed bugs right away.
Contact the professionals at Bullseye K-9 Detection for the most effective pest control to kill bed bugs in the area and help in removing these nightmare pests from your workplace.
I’ve found bed bugs 3 days ago. Don’t know what to do but call to Bullseye K-9 Detection. They came to my house very quickly and provided an effective solution for my issue. Recommended these guys for sure!